Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sick of Bad Dealers

I'm at the point where I'm pretty sick of bad dealers. And there are too many of them in Atlantic City. There are some who are down right horrible such as not knowing when to create a side pot when one player is all-in a multi way pot.

However, there are certain other things that make me angry about dealers. Maybe they only pertain to me, maybe other people just don't care. However, when I play the game, I want run in a professional, respectable manner.

Apparently, I'm asking for too much out of people.

I can rant all I want about the things that make me angry, but here they are:

- Don't whore for a dollar. Most people are going to tip to you. Regular players are going to tip you well no matter what. Don't be a whore.

- Don't spice up your game at the expense of another dealer. Calling a player who is a good tipper off another game to your is unacceptable. Why would you want to alienate the people you work with every day? Unless, of course, you don't care what any of them think or how they feel about you, which of course is probably true.

- Don't tell me about your three cats and mutt. I don't care about what goes on in your home. If I wanted to listen to someone complain all day, I would call my mother.

- Don't tell me about your bills. I didn't choose your job. I didn't tell you to go to college only to become a poker dealer. I didn't tell you go suck some guy's jock only to get kicked out of the house and now you have no place to go. I don't care. Not even a little bit. I don't feel bad for you that you can't pay your bills. Work two jobs. Work three. Just shut the fuck up and deal the cards.

Well, this annoys me a little and I'm getting steamed up. I think I'll take a break from ranting about dealers for a little while.

I can't think of anyway to fix this. These are internal problems that floor people have to care of. However, when the floor people don't do anything and let the behavior continue, it breeds and more and more dealers do it.

My solution is to stop tipping. Yeah, it's terrible and then I will probably hear them complain more and more.

Actually, I don't think I could ever stiff anyone on a tip. Maybe next time I play $1-$5 stud at Harrah's I'll throw them .50 cents. That'll learn 'em.

No comments:

Copyright 2006-2013 'PokerInAtlanticCity.com'