Friday, July 20, 2007

A.C. Pro takes down Stud Championship

Chris Reslock is definitely one of my favorite poker players in Atlantic City. Granted I haven't talked to him often, but when I have he has always been nice and friendly to me. I did a story on him last year during the WSOP when he was out in Las Vegas. I would post that story, but I think it's property of my newspaper.

However, I am happy to report (late) that Reslock, 59, took down the World Championship in Seven Card Stud on June 8. He beat a field of 180 players for a $258,453 prize. Even better is that bracelet, his first. He won a ring in 2006 by winning a WSOP circuit event at the Showboat in December.

Reslock, who likes to play at the Taj Mahal and Borgata, has an interesting backstory. Before playing poker he had a number of jobs that don't even resemble anything to do with a felt. Reslock was a taxi driver, a job he loved. He met new, interesting people and loved the social aspect of it.

However, driving a taxi around Atlantic City didn't pay the bills. Neither did harvesting wheat and barley or picking fruit, both jobs he held in the past.

Reslock had a successful WSOP this year. Besides winning the stud championship, he took 15th in the H.O.R.S.E. event ($88,800) and 26th in the World Championship in Omaha High-Low 8 or better ($12,502).

photo credit: Pokerwire. Chris Reslock after winning the seven card championship.

No comments:

Copyright 2006-2013 'PokerInAtlanticCity.com'