Friday, May 21, 2010

Get to play with Annie Duke this weekend

Harrah's Resort is having its super satellite this weekend and famed poker player Annie Duke will be around for the next two days and players will get an opportunity to play with her.

She will open with remarks for the 6 p.m. satellite (though, I'm not sure she will make it on time from her flight) and host a question and answer session at 8 p.m. in the Harrah's poker room.

On Saturday starting at 11 a.m., Duke will play in cash games in Harrah's poker room. That means any regular folk who play Saturday morning (that does not include me) will get a chance to watch her up close.

This is a rare appearance for Duke on the East Coast. She is based out of Los Angeles and has four kids to raise, so she doesn't get the opportunity to come out.

If you follow Annie Duke on Twitter, you would have seen she almost didn't make it for tonight's events. Around 10 a.m., she wrote: "I may be totally screwed. My flight to Philly is oversold and I think they might not have a seat for me. FML. I have to be to Philly by 6."

Luckily for poker fans, just a few minutes later she wrote: "I got literally the last seat on the plane. Two people got screwd (sic) because there weren't enough volunteers. How do you oversell a plane?" 

Here's the complete Harrah's schedule for the WSOP satellite events.

No comments:

Copyright 2006-2013 'PokerInAtlanticCity.com'