Monday, February 08, 2010

Going to Harrah's in a handbasket

Harrah's Resort has been hit with a new set of lawsuits. At this point it's only getting comical. Here's a link to the story from The Press of Atlantic City.

In a country where people are innocent until proven guilty, I see the opposite of this.

I knew far too many people who had complaints at Harrah's, spoke to people in human resources and their supervisors, only to see the situation escalate to the point where working conditions were made impossible. I'm not surprised by the latest allegations.

Since this is a blog about poker, I will say this. I've seen the poker room turn from one my favorites to a room I will never walk into again. The majority of the dealers are unprofessional (which reminds of a story I need to tell about my latest trip to Atlantic City), lack any sort of knowledge about poker and do not care about the integrity of the game.

All the good dealers and floor people at Harrah's are slowly leaving. And the ones who were good have given up because they don't see the point in trying anymore.

1 comment:

Jumper said...

It's a shame - worked in Tahoe many years back and Harrah's seemed a good well run brand.

Copyright 2006-2013 'PokerInAtlanticCity.com'